Monday, January 25, 2010

Ice Fishing Extravaganza~A Perfect Day

We attending the BRAINERD JAYCEES $150,000 ICE FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA held on Saturday, January 23, 2010, on Hole in the Day Bay on Gull Lake held from Noon to 3pm.  When I say we...I mean, Mr. Matt (my hubby), my brother-in-law "B" and myself.  Let it be said.....despite the weird weather, freezing rain, more rain, sleet and then snow, we had a blast!  No fish were caught by us three, not even a bite, but we made the best of it and had a great time fishing, visiting, watching the going-ons and jigging of course!  The gentleman who won the contest caught a 6.26 pound walleye in the opening minutes of the contest!  Yeah for him, he won a 2010 GMC pickup.  Not bad for a day of ice fishing!  All proceeds of this extravaganza go to local charities and mostly benefit the Confidence Learning Center.  There was over 12,000 people in attendance at this extravaganza!  It is big, it was fun, it was real, but it was not "real fun" for us to participate again for several years!  The last picture I have shared is a "Pirate Flag" which I happen to be a HUGE fan of!  I just had to snap a shot of this great pirate flag that was flying high and proud at the extravaganza!  In the summer time at our home (we live on a lake) we fly a "Pirate Flag".....   "ARRRRHHH MATEY"





No comments:

Post a Comment