Friday, February 12, 2010

Alexander McQueen Dead at 40

Alexander McQueen on the runway at his show during
Spring 2010 Fashion Week
in Paris on Tuesday, October 6, 2009.


I was completely blown away when I turned on my TV this morning (very early on my day off, like 6am) and tuned it to E News.  Across the bottom I read that McQueen was found dead at his home in London.  I am in shock!  I have always loved McQueen's cutting edge fashions.  What a tragic, tragic loss of not only a great pioneering fashion designer but a true artist.  We have all lost the BEST Brit Designer of our generation who has inspired so many other designers.  May Peace be with Lee McQueen and his family.



















Runway pictures from McQueen's Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment