Monday, June 14, 2010

MARATHON WEEK ~ NEW WITNESS @ REB

Well...it is here, Marathon Week!  I am not sure how to feel, I have not stayed injury free during my many months of training.  Everything was going great, lots of stretching, great warm-ups, great cool downs and then out of no where...I am 99% certain that I have a stress fracture in my left foot ~ YUCK...but I am gonna tape it up and run on Saturday!  I have trained too hard and made it this far...I am running on Saturday!
I have been training since January for the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon with hopes that I would be selected in the lottery.  Yes, it is a lottery to get in...and I was finally selected after three years of signing up!  I have followed a great training schedule up until a few weeks ago...when I came down with a terrible head cold and dealing with that stress fracture in my foot.  Not running every day like I was, but doing lots of icing and taping of the foot with longer runs four times a week.  Head cold is gone (YES) and although this is taper week...I am gonna run six tonight, eight tomorrow, six on Wednesday and walk two on Thursday per my training schedule!  No running Friday...just lots of stretching, icing and pasta!  Saturday is RACE DAY and a FUN filled weekend in Duluth.  Next week I will share my marathon and weekend experiences with ya!  Oh, I am running in a super great North Face outfit my sista bought me for my birthday, thanks Kat!

Now onto REB news....great new arrivals came on Friday from Witness!  Totally love this line, stop in and grab your new Witness before it is gone!

Witness White Snap Front Woven Salvation Top in White


Witness Black Forgiven Tee


Witness Washed Red River 1/2 Sleeve Henley

No comments:

Post a Comment